Disney Sunday ~~ The Beginning



When I was a kid back in the early 70's, Sunday nights were my most favorite time of the week. I knew my mom would serve oven baked BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy that were cooked in the small silver pot with the black handle and a salad covered in ranch dressing with one cherry tomato on top. And of course a glass of milk to wash it all down.

All of that was served on old flowered aluminum TV trays in front of the giant 4 legged TV in the back den while watching The Wonderful World of Disney. In my opinion, life could not have gotten much better than that.

When this scene would come onto the screen, I just knew the next hour was going to be wonderful!


There he is! Uncle Walt!



While waiting for dinner to be served I always started my evening by watching Wild Kingdom hosted by Marlin Perkins. I can still hear the song... Mu-tual of Om-a-ha is people.



All of these memories created a deep, undying affection for all things Disney... especially vintage Disney stuff from this era.

This blog was my way of remembering the early days of Disneyland through pictures I have found from all over the web.

If you love early Disney as much as I do, you will surely enjoy this walk down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment