Adventure Thru Inner Spce


Finally a discontinued ride that I actually rode!

I really loved this ride! It was so sci-fi which you don't get a whole lot of at Disney. 
It would cost you one "C" ticket when they were still using them.


One thing I discovered is that there aren't a whole of good pictures of this ride so these were the best I could do.

This ran from 1967 though 1985 and took the place of Hall of Aluminum Fame shown here in a few photos:



Here's an early picture of the front entrance when Monsanto was still the sponsor:


Here's a few views of the ride line. 
It still has the same path as the ride that replaced it, Star Tours.


You can see the Peoplemover on the left.


A close up of the snowflake wall:


And a close-up of the shrinking tube.
When I was kid I remember my friend SWEARING she saw people moving around and scratching their noses while going through the tube. I can remember agreeing with her even though I was skeptical.


They had several of these signs as you waited to get onto the ride, telling you what was going to happen.


Here are some shots of the loading area:




A closer shot of the ride cars.
This was the first ride to use the "Omni-mover" ride system whose ride cars eventually became known as "Doom Buggies" when they were used in the Haunted Mansion.


And then a shot of the famous eye which stared at just before you returned back to normal size.


Here's a great video that uses the original soundtrack.
Brings back such memories!


Hope you all have a really great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment