Carousel of Progress


Truly one of my favorite attractions!

I didn't get to go on it the first time until my first trip to Disneyworld in 2001.

It made it's first appearance at the 1964 Worlds Fair in New York then moved to Disneyland where it lasted until 1973 when it was moved to Florida.

I spent almost an hour clicking through old pictures and I realized I could be here all day so I just went with some of my favorites!

Here are two construction photos:



And here is a postcard showing the finished building:


This is the Worlds Fair version of the turn of the century:


The 1920's:


And these are the side scenes from the 20's



Here are two different versions from the 1940's.
One father is sitting on the chair, and the other he is sitting in the booth.



And the last scene has been updated several times over the years
This is the original ending showing Progress City in the background through the window.
I love that!
Look at that great TV someone is getting!


Then there are these updated versions:

The 1970's here:



These were from the early 1980's
Great computer!!




And finally we have some posters.
First from the Worlds Fair


And then the ride poster:

Hope you are having a really great Sunday and I will see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment