Art Corner in Tomorrowland


The Art Corner in Tomorrowland started out as a red stripped tent near the Red Wagon Inn when Disneyland opened and moved to it's permanent location a few months later.





I guess it was kind of a strange fit for Tomorrowland because it had a Parisian look inside which was good for art but not exactly futuristic.

It sold postcards, prints, art supplies and hand painted animation cels that sold for as little as 75 cents a piece. 




This was a souvenir that my parents bought for me when they took me for my fourth birthday in 1969.
As you can see I used it a lot but aside from the cover, it held up well these past 40 years.
It shows Dale collecting nuts, then getting startled by something and jumping in the air, dropping everything and running off the page. It really is done very well.



The back page (which is the first page of the story) is loose but fortunately I kept track of it all these years.


No comments:

Post a Comment